Sunday, July 18, 2010

Justice

Today we met with Dmitry Radyshevsky, a brilliant Jewish thinker and writer. Our session lasted six hours and it flew by much faster than a night class that is half the time. I took seven pages of notes and have not even begun to digest the fullness of his lecture. He presented the current situation in Israel from a bird's eye view on history, describing the various evils that have come against Israel and the Jewish resilience to stand and testify as to what it means to be God's people. I'm sure I will divulge more at a later date, but my bed time is swiftly approaching. He did mention the need for educational reform that focuses on morals, creating an alternative to madrassas that propagate extreme [violent] jihad and the need to empower women. This is right in line with what I want to do.

Main points: demand an end to gender apartheid and religious apartheid in the Middle East
Side point: Challenge Obama to use our resources to help Africa become a thriving continent during their time of need and before something else fills the void

Other point: my brain is tired

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment