Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Home

I've been home in the US now for over a week, and the reality of it is beginning to set in. It seems so crazy that I just spent three and a half weeks in Israel, half way around the world, with strangers...and now I'm back in Virginia viewing everything with an adjusted lens. I think the moment that contrasted most in my mind was last Wednesday at work I was watching the children at camp fly across inflatable obstacle courses in a gym, and realized that a week before I had been sitting with future Israeli diplomats in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs discussing our future plans and how to best utilize local consulates. That my friend, is a juxtaposition of two worlds and I realized my brain has been teetering back and forth between these two realities. Now, both can be reality in my life, but life was all a blur after stepping off of a plane from across the world.

I am anxiously anticipating my return to campus in two days. Obvious reasons, my boyfriend and my best friend. Also I am thrilled to be moving into an apartment and living with some awesome girls. I am excited to have my own room again and be able to organize my life as much as I can. I am excited to see my Bongiorno girls and spy on Allison and Marissa as new RAs. As my last year in undergrad I know that I have many decisions to be making soon and I have received some solid advice over the last week. and I plan to implement it, as well as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment